Thursday, February 14, 2013

Song Of The Wave




I and the shore are lovers:
The wind unites us and separates us.
I come from beyond the twilight
to merge the silver of my foam with the gold of its sand;
And I cool its burning heart with my moisture.
At dawn's coming I read passion's law to my beloved,
And he draws me to his breast.
At even I chant the prayer of longing,
And he embraces me.
I am fretful and without rest,
But my loved one is the friend of patience.
Comes the ebb and I embrace my love;
It flows, and I am fallen at his feet.

How I danced around the daughters of the sea
  When they rose up from the depths
  To sit upon the rocks
  And behold the stars!
  How I hearkened to the lover
  Protesting his passion to a comely maid:
  I did help him with sighing and moaning.
  How I consorted with the rocks when they were
  cold and still,
  And caressed them, laughing, when they smiled not!

  How I delivered bodies from the deep
  And brought them to the living!
  In what measure did I steal from the depths
  Pearls, and gave to the daughters of beauty!

In the still night when all created things embrace
the phantom of sleep, I alone am awake, now
singing, now sighing.
Alas, wakefulness has destroyed me, but I am a
lover and the truth of Love is awakening.
Behold my life;
As I have lived, so shall I die.
Poem by Kahlil Gibran
Clawing To The Shore

Photo by David Orias

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Topsoil Can Make Your Garden A Relaxing Retreat! Practice Water Conservation With
Irrigation And Mulch

my web blog Enjoy-laos.com