Monday, December 05, 2005

Soul Mate

we met but once as though by chance
we didn't date, or did we dance.
we looked into each other's eyes
without deception or disguise.
a silent message passed between
your hungry heart was plainly seen.
you saw desire I could not hide
you looked at me and saw inside.
how could a glance have said so much
and cause a chill without a touch?
what was that chemistry that night
that promised what we felt was right?
what saitisfaction we'd have missed
If we had not reached out and kissed.
I do not know if it was you
or was it I who said, "let's do."
but on that night our souls were bare
as surely as our bodies there.

our bodies moved in harmony
I couldn't tell the you from me.
and locked in passion as we were
my sense of time began to blur.
I must have known you from before
how else could you have reached my core?
In life perhaps before this one
what had we shared? what had we done?
with what I felt, emotions vast
I must have loved you in the past.

but now we go our separate ways
to different lives throughout our days.
I keep you though within my dreams
eternal soul mate, so it seems.

(by-Robert W. Birch)

No comments: