Saturday, October 05, 2013

Ship Of Dreams



I placed my dream in a ship
and the ship on top of the sea;
and then parted the sea with my hands
to sink my dream in the deep.

My hands still drip with water
from the blue of the waves thus parted
and the color that runs from my fingers
colors the sands, now deserted.

The wind is approaching from afar,
the night in the cold submits;
under the waves lies dying
my dream, in the hold of a ship…

I will weep as much as needed,
so that I might the sea increase
and that my ship might come to the bottom
and that my dream might cease.

And then, all will be perfect:
the beach smooth, the waters ordered,
my eyes, dry as stones
my two hands, shattered.

---

Pus o meu sonho num navio
e o navio em cima do mar;
—depois, abri o mar com a mãos,
para o meu sonho naufragar.

Minhas mãos ainda estão molhadas
do azul das ondas entreabertas,
e a cor que escorre dos meus dedos
colore as areias desertas.

O vento vem vindo de longe,
a noite se curva de frio;
debaixo da água vai morrendo
meu sonho, dentro de um navio…

Chorarei quanto for preciso,
para fazer com que o mar cresça,
e o meu navio chegue ao fundo
e o meu sonho desapareça.

Depois, tudo estará perfeito:
praia lisa, águas ordenadas,
meus olhos secos como pedras
e as minhas duas mãos quebradas.

[Poem by Cecilia Meireles... Provided by CZ]

No comments: