Sunday, March 17, 2013

Song Of The Rain




  • I am dotted silver threads dropped from heaven
  • By the gods. Nature then takes me, to adorn
  • Her fields and valleys.
  •  
  • I am beautiful pearls, plucked from the
  • Crown of Ishtar by the daughter of Dawn
  • To embellish the gardens.
  •  
  • When I cry the hills laugh;
  • When I humble myself the flowers rejoice;
  • When I bow, all things are elated.
  •  
  • The field and the cloud are lovers
  • And between them I am a messenger of mercy.
  • I quench the thirst of one;
  • I cure the ailment of the other.
  •  
  • The voice of thunder declares my arrival;
  • The rainbow announces my departure.
  • I am like earthly life, which begins at
  • The feet of the mad elements and ends
  • Under the upraised wings of death.
  •  
  • I emerge from the heard of the sea
  • Soar with the breeze. When I see a field in
  • Need, I descend and embrace the flowers and
  • The trees in a million little ways.
  •  
  • I touch gently at the windows with my
  • Soft fingers, and my announcement is a
  • Welcome song. All can hear, but only
  • The sensitive can understand.
  •  
  • The heat in the air gives birth to me,
  • But in turn I kill it,
  • As woman overcomes man with
  • The strength she takes from him.
  •  
  • I am the sigh of the sea;
  • The laughter of the field;
  • The tears of heaven.
  •  
  • So with love—
  • Sighs from the deep sea of affection;
  • Laughter from the colorful field of the spirit;
  • Tears from the endless heaven of memories.
Poem by Kahlil Gibran
Photo: Rest In Rain
Photo by Evrengunturkun

No comments: