Friday, January 06, 2006

*********** Bus Stop ***********
***********************************

Bus stop, we met, she's there, I say,
Please share my umbrella.
Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows,
Under my umbrella.

All that summer, we enjoyed it,
Wind and rain and shine.
That umbrella, we employed it,
By august, she was mine.

Every morning, I would see her waiting at the stop,
Sometimes she'd shopped, and she would show me what she bought.
All the people stared as if we were quite insane,
Someday my name and hers are going to be the same.

That's the way the whole thing started,
Silly but it's true.
Thinkin' of a sweet romance,
Beginning in a queue.

Came the sun, the ice was melting,
No more sheltering now.
Nice to think that, that umbrella,
led me to a vow.

--The Hollies--

No comments: