Thursday, May 03, 2007

CBS Learns Of WTC Attacks Before Bush

Kia Baskerville (CBS) Learns Of Both Plane Crashes In New York Before President Bush?

Thursday, May 2, 2007
9/11 Blogger

The Longest Day

CBS News Producer Kia Baskerville Was With The President

WASHINGTON

(CBS) Kia Baskerville is a CBS News White House producer. She was traveling with President Bush when the terror attacks occurred on Sept. 11, 2001

"I went on the Florida trip at the last minute, replacing our White House Correspondent John Roberts. The day started out very early in the morning with the president jogging on a local golf course -- it was hot, muggy and too many mosquitoes. The most we were expecting from him was a brief comment on the day’s topic -- education, and hopefully taxes -- if we were lucky.

A couple of hours later, as the presidential motorcade headed to President Bush’s first event, I received a call on my cell phone from a producer who said that a plane had just hit the World Trade Center in New York.

I honestly couldn’t believe what I had just heard and fifteen minutes later I was standing in a second grade classroom with 20 students, who were getting ready to read for the president. He was visiting Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota. I received another phone call, this time from CBS Radio Correspondent Mark Knoller. "Kia, a plane has now crashed into the second tower of the WTC, so it looks like this is deliberate. You need to ask Bush about this."

Continues.......

Read her complete account here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/...
------------------------------------

President Bush says he learned of the first plane striking the tower while "sitting outside the classroom".

"Well, Jordan (ph), you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it, and I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my chief who was sitting over here walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower. America's under attack."

- President Bush at a Town Hall Meeting December 4, 2001

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/bushlie.html
------------------------------------------------------

(Kia Baskerville also seems to confirm that AF1 was "targeted" that day.)

"In our small, cozy cabin in the back of Air Force One, the 12 or so members of the White House travel pool did what millions of other Americans did that day: we turned on the news. As the plane flew on -- we knew not where -- we tuned into one local news report after another, using the plane’s satellite TV system. We were not prepared for what we saw. As I looked at the faces of my colleagues, I saw they were all filled with fear and terror. Then the steward came by and took our drink orders. There isn’t time to feel guilty about ordering a Bloody Mary at 10 in the morning, while you are flying on a targeted plane watching the World Trade Center collapse in front of your eyes."

Continues........

http://www.cbsnews.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------

Are we really expected to believe that Kia Baskerville learned of both the 1st and 2nd plane crashes (via cell phone) before the President of the United States?

She learned of the first plane while on route to the school in the motorcade, but the POTUS did not?

She learned of the second plane crash (15 minutes later) as the students "were getting ready to read for the President."

Is this before Andy Card notified him via the whisper in his ear?

I have not seen any discussion of this account of events. Any thoughts?

No comments: