Monday, September 25, 2006













"Crying Is Just A Metaphor"
***********************************

Crying is Just a symbol
Of the hurt that's locked inside
If for any other reason
No heart cannot abide...
These lonely roads of longing
I've sadly walked before
My eyes have ceased the searching;
Forecefully closing once open doors.

Yes, crying is Just a metaphor
Expressing what I feel inside
Heart twisted up with pain
To accept all reasons why...

Tears are shed like water falls,
Into bottomless river pools
Collecting till lifes trials overflow
Defying all earthly rules.

Yes, crying is Just a metaphor
Like sweeping tides of gore
Like rhymes that know no reason
Violently crashing against the shore...
My heart suffers from its aching
At what was meant to be
Lives' abruptly taken
On to paths not one of us could see...

My thoughts mired in sheer frustration
Their colors grim and gray
I pray that they will someday brighten
And wash the tears away...

Yes, crying is Just a metaphor
For what I feel inside
I know not what the next day will bring
Hoping it will all subside...
The rush of memories so clear and blue
Behind the setting sun;
Peaceful tides of cooling hues
Will follow when its done.

And when the morning sun appears
I'll know when it is right
To put my love, memories, and...my tears
In a box wrapped nice and tight.
Maybe I'll open it again one day,
After alls' been said and done
But crying will be a fading memory
In the face of the rising sun.

[By Iman]

No comments: