Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Waiting For The Miracle To Come



Baby, I've been waiting, 
I've been waiting night and day. 
I didn't see the time, 
I waited half my life away. 
There were lots of invitations 
and I know you sent me some, 
but I was waiting 
for the miracle, for the miracle to come. 
I know you really loved me. 
but, you see, my hands were tied. 
I know it must have hurt you, 
it must have hurt your pride 
to have to stand beneath my window 
with your bugle and your drum, 
and me I'm up there waiting 
for the miracle, for the miracle to come. 



Nothing left to do 
when you know that you've been taken. 
Nothing left to do 
when you're begging for a crumb 
Nothing left to do 
when you've got to go on waiting 
waiting for the miracle to come. 

I dreamed about you, baby. 
It was just the other night. 
Most of you was naked 
Ah but some of you was light. 
The sands of time were falling 
from your fingers and your thumb, 
and you were waiting 
for the miracle, for the miracle to come 



When you've fallen on the highway 
and you're lying in the rain, 
and they ask you how you're doing 
of course you'll say you can't complain -- 
If you're squeezed for information, 
that's when you've got to play it dumb: 
You just say you're out there waiting 
for the miracle, for the miracle to come.

Artist: Sophie Zelmani
Paintings: Carri Graber
Lyrics by: Leonard Cohen

No comments: